Everyone knows that the window is the soul of the house, so it is essential to keep your soul clean. But residential window cleaning is annoying and takes time that one can use to relax, do some exercises or enjoy a cup of coffee. If you value your free time, you can use professionals to do it. They can save you time and effort and can make it more professional than you do. This means your window will stay cleaner for longer, and believe it or not, it can extend your window’s life.
If you won’t try to repair your car alone, it is wise to trust the experts.
What Is Residential Window Cleaning
Residential window cleaning service often includes removing and replacing the screens, wiping down the frames, and fully scrubbing and rinsing the glass of each window inside and out. Some companies will clean shutters, screens, blinds, and other surroundings, but these services often cost extra. They will remove the fingerprints, dust, and dirt left behind from the holidays and winter season so you can enjoy the view.
Over time, windows can accumulate dust, pollen, bugs, and other forms of debris. This build-up impedes your view and can lead to poor airflow and even damage the screens. Similarly, window tracks often become the reservoir for grime and dirt, leading to stickiness and mold growth. And let us be honest if you have a little “Picasso” in your house, they can clan his reproductions too. Living a fun part aside, they can clean that you can’t do, higher and hard-to-approach windows, for example. You can use their services as often as needed, especially if you live near a dusty area. Usually, every big city is such or after the rainy season or winter, basically, every time you need them.
Benefits of Residential Window Cleaning
Residential window cleaning has a lot of benefits for every homeowner. Sparkling clean windows significantly improve your home’s appearance.
The second one is it will improve the life expectancy of your windows- accumulated mold and grime can break down your windows’ seal, forcing you to buy a new one sooner than you otherwise would.
Dirt and debris in the tracks can also impair functioning, making windows difficult to open and close. Some stains can cause long-term discolouration of the frame or the glass. And more natural light can keep your home’s interior warm and reduce energy bills when cold.
Extend Your Windows’ Life
Residential window cleaning can increase the lifespan of your home’s windows. Regularly removing any dirt and debris from your windows that may cause corrosion is an easy and effective way to increase their lifespan. A window cleaning company will clean the glass frames and sills to ensure these contaminants don’t build up and won’t cause any harmful effects to your windows.
Regularly scheduled window cleanings will inform you of any issues that must be addressed.
Besides letting light in, windows also need to function and be able to open and close properly. Residential window cleaners will scrub the tracts on sliding windows and remove dirt, debris, and insects to ensure they function correctly and last longer.
Enhance Your Windows’ Efficiency
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, heat gains and losses through the windows are responsible for up to 25-30 percent of a home’s HVAC energy consumption. Taking care of your windows with regular cleaning and maintenance can help improve their efficiency and curb this unnecessary energy waste. Better window efficiency also reduces your HVAC system’s workload, enhances performance, and helps extend the equipment’s service life. More Natural Light- Allowing in more sunlight can keep your home’s interior warm and reduce energy bills when it is cold. Clean windows let in more light and are thus more energy-efficient.
Save Time & Energy
Residential window cleaning services can save you time and energy. If you have a big house with many windows, you know how long it takes to clean them all.
Professionals have the equipment and experience to do the job quicker and easier. They also assume the risk of climbing on ladders or roofs, so you don’t have to. Professional window cleaning is more expensive than doing it yourself, but it can be the best option in many situations. While window cleaning helps give your window that sparkling feel, you cannot just clean your window with any type of water if you want the best results. You see, tap water usually contains impurities, and dissolved solids can leave a milky white residue, stains, and spots after cleaning.
Hence, purifying the water used for window cleaning is of utmost importance. Before purifying water, you must establish the level of total dissolved solids. No one has so much free time to do it alone, so professionals do it instead of us.
Helps you to Sell the Property
Everybody knows that the first expression is essential, so dirty windows don’t make a good one, especially considering they are the first thing a potential buyer sees. Residential window cleaning prices will return the investment because clean windows make an atmosphere more lively and bright. And the buyer will conclude that the property is excellently maintained.
It also leaves them feeling like everything is ready to move in and there is nothing to worry about. If you live in Massachusetts, you should consider using residential window cleaning Boston or Newton companies to help you with the task.
Improve Air Quality
In recent years, scientific evidence has indicated that the air within homes and other buildings can be more seriously polluted than the outdoor air in even the largest and most industrialized cities.
Further research indicates that people spend approximately 90 per cent of their time indoors. Thus, the health risks may be more significant for many people due to exposure to indoor air pollution than outdoors.
Cleaning windows removes mould and other potential allergens that may get sucked into your home while the windows are open. Smoke from cigarettes or fireplaces and pet dander can build up on the glass’s surface. Cleaning can quickly eliminate these irritants.
Tips for Maintaining Your Windows After the Cleaning Session is Complete
After the cleaning session, you may need regular cleaning and maintenance to keep them in good condition. And while cleaning your home’s windows seems easy, we will give you some useful tips to maintain them until the next professionals visit.
- Always use the right cleaner: Window cleaners tend to leave behind a filmy layer on windows. Therefore, looking for an appropriate window cleaner that can clean your window perfectly is vital. It would be ideal to use constructed cleaners primarily designed for glass surfaces as they can offer maximum protection to your window. On the other hand, you may also consider using homemade solutions as an alternative. For instance, you can use a vinegar and water mixture. A soap dish and water are another concoction ideal for cleaning windows. These DIY mixtures can work as great as those commercialized window cleaners and offer a superior window cleaning experience.
- Reach the top with a mop: To clean high windows forget teetering on a telescoping ladder. Instead, use a telescoping sponge mop to clean with soapy water. Rinse the washed windows with a garden hose, and then use a dry mop or a squeegee fastened to an adjustable pole to remove the water and prevent water spots from drying to the glass surface.
- Clean and lubricate your window tracks: Window tracks are where you can usually find dust and dead insects. Failure to clean them regularly can cause a problem as you open and close the window due to the building up of grime.
Fortunately, cleaning up your window tracks is relatively easy. You may only need a bottle of vinegar, baking soda, and a brush to restore them to their original glory. Performing this cleaning routine on your tracks at least every five to six months is recommended. Doing so can help keep the debris from building up.
However, if you still can’t open your window even after cleaning your window tracks, you may need to lubricate them. Spray a silicone-based lubricant onto a clean cloth and wipe down your window tracks to help them operate normally. If the issue persists, you can always contact a window repair expert who can help solve the problem.
- Wash window panes regularly: To minimize condensation on your window, consider washing the window panes more often. This is one of the simplest and most effective tasks when cleaning your window, as it helps remove condensation forming on your window while reducing the amount of moisture sneaking into it. When cleaning your window pane, consider using a microfiber cloth and a glass cleaner since rough items, such as steel wool or sponge, can cause scratches or damage to the glass panes. However, you might not need to regularly clean the outside of your windowpane as you can wipe it at least once a month.
- Choose the perfect time to clean your window: The time you choose to clean your window can impact how effective the cleaning process will be. For instance, when cleaning during a hot sunny day, your cleaner will likely dry faster before you can wipe it away. It could then leave streaks on your window. On the other hand, rainy days can create spots on your window after cleaning. It may be best to clean your window when the weather is moderate. You want to ensure it’s not on a sunny or rainy day.
Cleaning your windows takes time and effort, particularly if your home has many windows. It is not a fun job, so you can consider using experts. They have equipment that helps them finish the job quicker and easier, including dealing with screens. They also assume the risk of climbing on ladders or roofs, so you don’t have to.
Professional window cleaning is more expensive than doing it yourself, but it can be the best option if you don’t want to buy cleaning materials, don’t have time, or just don’t want to do it. Because in every case it is necessary to be done, to maintain your windows life, not only for the esthetic reasons.