For the past few years, the modern design of commercial buildings with transparent outer shells has played a significant role in contemporary architecture. Different buildings have different types of glass, and cleaning them gently and efficiently is essential. For post-build cleaning, scratch-sensitive glass surfaces such as tempered glass must be handled carefully.
When looking for a commercial window cleaning service, you need to consider that commercial window cleaning is regarded as a specialty service. This is because window washing is a separate industry from janitorial.
Commercial window cleaning services use the proper equipment, such as water poles, lifts, and harnesses, to properly clean all surfaces, regardless of their height. When the appropriate equipment is used, the windows are cleaned effectively. Ensuring that they are clear and free of smudges and smears.
What Is Commercial Window Cleaning
Using professionals can make sure that the office is a clean and healthy place to work. When commercial windows are maintained and cleaned, dust, dirt, and grime are removed from the panes of glass in an office, creating a healthier office for those who suffer from asthma or allergies. The air quality inside an office is one of the most significant factors that impact employees’ health. Ensuring the windows are clean is a great way to limit the risk of contaminants inside an office. The type of property and your location determines how often they should be cleaned.
There are some guidelines about how often to clean your window. If you have a commercial building, the windows typically require cleaning at least twice a year. Office buildings do not need cleaning as often as other buildings. However, the windows inside an office building lobby should be cleaned every two months. If the building is a retail store with a lot of traffic – it should be cleaned anywhere every two to four weeks. If the retail building does not have a lot of traffic, it can be cleaned every one to two months. Any type of healthcare building should be on a monthly cleaning schedule.
Some other factors may indicate a need to clean them more often. If your building is on a busy street or a highway – it may get dirty much faster and need more regular cleaning. You may find that they need to be cleaned more in the spring due to pollen and flowers.
Benefits of Commercial Window Cleaning
There are many benefits of using a cleaning company. The cleaners use the proper equipment, such as water poles, lifts, and harnesses. When the appropriate equipment is used, every surface is clear and free of smudges and smears. With a commercial window cleaning service, you can be sure that the office is a clean and healthy workplace. The air quality inside an office is one of the most significant factors that impact employees’ health. Ensuring the windows are clean is a great way to limit the risk of contaminants inside an office.
Promotes Good Health
In recent years, scientific evidence has indicated that the air within buildings can be more seriously polluted than the outdoor air in even the largest and most industrialized cities. Further research indicates that people spend approximately 90 percent of their time indoors. Thus, for many people, the health risks may be more significant due to exposure to air pollution indoors than outdoors.
Cleaning windows removes mold and other potential allergens that may get sucked into your office while they are open. Cleaning can quickly eliminate these irritants, improve air circulation, reduce the risk of health problems, and directly impact mental health.
Neuroscience researchers from Northwestern University in Chicago concluded that there is a strong relationship between workplace daylight exposure and a worker’s sleep quality. Playwright and Nobel Prize winner George Bernard Shaw was a strong advocate of the value of natural light for boosting his creativity and productivity. He worked for over 20 years in a specially-built writer’s hut designed to stand on a mechanical turntable, allowing him to move the whole studio on its axis to follow the sunlight.
Artificial light also contributes to eye problems and migraines. Dim lighting forces the eyes to work much harder to see, leading to eye strain and headaches. Overly harsh lighting – florescent lighting in particular – makes it more challenging to focus your vision and is a known trigger for eye strain and migraines. Working for lengthy periods without daylight directly increases an individual’s risk of developing mental health issues. Depression, bipolar disorder, and seasonal affective disorder (SAD) are all linked to disruption to the circadian rhythm. These are a few reasons why you should consider hiring a professional to clean your office building so that you will have healthy and productive staff.
Creates a Positive Impression
It may be surprising to know that having clean windows may increase the value of your commercial building. When your windows are clean, it helps the building look clean and neat, which does a lot for its appearance but also suggests it’s been well cared for. Many people have difficulty seeing the value of a building that is dirty or not well-kept. That leaves the impression of a classy and orderly building. This is the impression people will have when they think of your commercial building and business regarding the value and whether they want to purchase.
Commercial Window Cleaning and Building Longevity
This service improves the building’s longevity, especially the windows and the structure around the windows. Window maintenance will also involve taking care of any repairs that are necessary. If repairs don’t make sense, then you will need to replace it.
The dirt from the air builds up on the windows. Making the glass fragile and losing the ability to be transparent. That allows for more light and warmth, which can reduce the amount of light and heat needed in the building and may help to lower your electric bills.
Another benefit is it helps the window frames from weathering. When a window frame weathers, it can impact the window by decreasing its lifespan.
It Enhances Safety
Commercial cleaners are a prime resource for businesses because they are professionally trained and skilled. In addition to this, they also own the proper equipment to perform the cleaning safely and efficiently and to minimize exposure to serious workplace injuries and illnesses. They know how to prep an area to prevent accidents, such as falling off a ladder or breaking the glass of a window pane. Asking your employees, who do not have the requisite knowledge to protect themselves, to clean windows can become a liability, like an allergy to cleaning materials or different kinds of traumas.
Tips for Maintaining Your Windows After the Cleaning Session is Complete
After the cleaning session, you may need regular cleaning and maintenance to keep them in good condition. And while cleaning your home’s windows seems an easy task, for commercial window cleaning, we will give you some valuable tips to maintain them until the following professionals visit.
- Avoid Attempting to Smooth Bubbles After Application: While a professional will do everything possible to prepare the windows of your office building for the window film, small amounts of moisture and air can get trapped under the window film, leading to tiny bubbles forming. Do not be alarmed and try to smooth out or pop the bubbles, as doing so can damage the window film. It can take several weeks for the window film and the adhesive used to apply it to cure and become permanently attached to the window—during this time, the bubbles will smooth out on their own.
- Hold Off on the Initial Cleaning: It is normal to clean the windows in an office building regularly, but it is best to hold off on cleaning immediately after commercial window film is applied. Wait several weeks after the film is applied before you attempt to have them cleaned. This will give the film and the adhesive plenty of time to cure, ensuring that the film stays securely attached to the windows for years without peeling or becoming loose.
- Clean Gently: After the window film and adhesive are entirely cured, it is essential to be as gentle as possible when cleaning to prevent damaging the film. Always ensure that your windows are cleaned with foaming window cleaner or just plain soap and water. Cleaning products that contain ammonia, alcohol, or vinegar can damage the surface of the window film and cause permanent damage. Likewise, only soft cloths or sponges should be used when cleaning with window film. Using bristle brushes or paper towels can cause scratches on the film. Also, try to schedule cleanings for the morning or evening when the window is not hot in order to prevent damage to the film.
- Clean the Window with the Grain: When cleaning your glass window or doors, it is always advised to move with the grain. This means cleaning in the same direction as the cut lines along the edges. For instance, when washing the top and bottom parts of the window, instead of going in circles or against the grain, move horizontally. Similarly, wash vertically when cleaning the sides. This would help keep your films in place in the long run.
- Use Proper Cleaning Materials: A gentle cleanser alone will not protect your window or door films from scratches. It is also imperative that you use non-abrasive cleaning materials. Contrary to popular belief, towels and paper towels do more harm than good when cleaning the surface of these areas. Alternatively, try using a soft sponge, microfiber cloth, or cotton cloth that is lint-free to ensure a cleaner and clearer glass film. Make sure to also thoroughly clean the material of your choice before using them on your films. As trapped dust and debris can easily cause damage when wiping.
When you’re looking for the right commercial window cleaning company for your building, make sure you consider the services you are expecting, as well as the number of floors your facility has. They can make sure that the office is a clean and healthy place to work. The air quality inside an office is one of the most significant factors that impact employees’ health. Ensuring the windows are clean is a great way to limit the risk of contaminants inside an office.
Often, companies ask their employees to wash the windows, which can focus employees away from valuable work that needs to be done and expose them to hazards. It is not always safe for employees to wash windows because they may not have the right equipment or training to complete the task. A cleaning companies are trained and knowledgeable about window cleaning, and they know how to prepare the area so that accidents can be avoided. Many commercial windows are not easily accessible and require special equipment like lifts and harnesses that only professionals can access. Because of that, and all the other benefits, such as better health and productivity of the office workers, positive impression for the building. We can say the commercial window cleaning prices are on point and money-wise paid.